With appearance similar to lavender and mint like fragrance, rosemary is an evergreen aromatic shrub with flat pine shaped green gray leaves with silver touch and blue flowers. It grows up to a height of 3 to 4 feet. Found originally in Southern Europe, this plant is also cultivated in India and is extensively grown in Tunisia, Yugoslavia and France. Rosemary Essential Oil is obtained from Rosmarinus officinalis belonging to Labiatae family.
Essential Oil are b-pinene, a-pinene, borneol, bornyl acetate, camphor, limonene and camphene.
Properties of Rosemary Essential Oil :-
- Botanical Name: Rosemarinus officinalis
- Synonym : Rosemary oil BP
- CAS NO : 8000-25-7
- FEMA : 2992
- Aroma : Woody, Fresh, herbaceous
- Appearance : Clear Mobile Liquid Shelf life : 2 years in Normal Temperature
- Density : 0.9070-0.9080
- Refractive density : 1.450-1.470
- Optical rotation : -5°C to +10°at 25°C
- Flash point : 40°C
- Assay : 100%
- Solubility : Insoluble in water and soluble in 90% ethanol
- Relief from anxiety, stress, cough, cold, flu, cellulite.
- Sharpens memory and learning.
- Increase circulation, immunity.
- Cure headaches, indigestion, muscle & joint pain.
- Work as a natural freshner.
- Treats respiratory & dental problems.
- Benificial for hair growth and effective to treat hair loss problem.
To be stored in cool and dry place Temperature below 25°C