We offer best quality Linseed Oil, which has a botanical name as Linus usitatissimum and is also famed as flax oil or flaxseed oil. This is a colorless to yellowish oil, which is infused from the dry, ripe seeds of the flax plant. The oil is acquired by pressing, as well as by solvent extraction. The offered product is a drying oil, which means it can polymerize into a solid variety. On account of its polymer-forming properties, the oil can be utilized on its own or alloyed with accumulations of other solvents, oils or resins as an impregnator, varnish in wood finishing, drying oil finish, as a plasticizer, as a pigment binder in oil paints, and hardener in putty. It is also employed for the manufacturing of linoleum. The Linseed Oil is an edible oil, which acts as a nutritional supplement as it is the main source of Î±-Linolenic acid, (an omega-3 fatty acid). The oil has a typical reaction with oxygen in air.
Extraction Method :-
The cold pressed method is used and the oil is extracted from the seeds of Linseed.
Properties of Linseed Oil :-
- Synonyms : Flaxseed oil, flax oil, acid refined lineseed oil.
- CAS No : 8001-26-1
- EINECS : 232-278-6
- Appearance : Light to dark yellow liquid
- Solubility : Insoluble in water
- Relative Density : About 0.931
- Refractive Index : About 1.480
- Acid Value : Max. 4.5
- Peroxide Value : Max. 15
- Iodine Value : 160-200
- Beneficial for heart disease, as this oil is rich in alpha-linolenic acid.
- Control blood pressure and lower cholesterol.
- Good for skin and treats acne, sunburn, psoriasis and eczema.
- Reduces cancer risk and protects from skin cancer.
- Linseed oil help in reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
- Used in oil paint as a common carrier.
- Helps to protect your wooden furniture.
Avoid this oil during pregnancy and by nursing women. Flax is known to promote bleeding, so avoid this oil in case of injurey and bleeding.
Packaging Details :-
- 5kg, 25kg, 180kg & 200kg Drums
S-33, South Side of GT Road Industrial Area, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, 201009, India